In order to optimise your child's learning experience we would ask that you and your child help us by adhering to the following:
1. Would all boys please wear tight fitting swimming trunks as baggy trunks fill with water and cause a lot of drag.
2. We do not permit children to wear arm bands as these hinder the process of learning to swim.
3. Swimming goggles should be worn and adjusted properly to fit the child before they enter the pool, this allows children to keep their eyes open and see where they are going.
4. Children who misbehave and generally disrupt the session may be asked to sit out or leave the pool.
5. All children must keep their heads above the water and listen unless they are told otherwise.
*This is a Health and Safety stipulation*
6. All girls with long hair should have it tied back or wear a swimming aht.
7. Once the session is finished, Parents/Guardians must be available to immediately collect their child from the poolside - supervision of the children in the changing area is NOT the responsibility of BASC officials.
8. Cubicles must NOT be reserved by leaving clothes in them. Ballymena Leisure Centre Staff have advised us that all unattended clothing will be removed to 'Lost Property'.
Thank you for you co-operation